Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!


This year for Father's Day, Andrew wanted the boys to create some art to put up onto the wall. Well, Noah just turned 3 and is still in the scribbling phase, so we had to get a little creative. I was going to have Noah paint on some canvases different colors to create...something...but, when we started, Noah was really into mixing the colors. So, a quick change of plans and we learned about color mixing! I put out the 3 primary colors and let him mix away to create orange (from red and yellow), green (from blue and yellow), and purple (from blue and red). I love color mixing and have done it with several classes now, but didn't think he would be so interested, but he started doing it all on his own! If I were to do it again, I would have the "real" colors that you use to mix and make secondary colors, cyan blue, magenta and yellow and the colors would have been a bit more vibrant, but they still turned out cute! I love that I have the boys art work up on the wall, even if it is just scribbles for now:) I think we'll make this an annual project to see how the boys work improves!
Painting away, discovering how blue and yellow actually make green!

The final product turned out pretty cute and gives us some nice color!

No comments: