Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Resolutions Update

It's been almost a month now, and it's time for a little update, here are my resolutions and how I'm coming on them!

Strong Mind:
  • Some sort of teacher education training/class/book. Not started, but I'm thinking about getting my pe endorsement, I LOVE doing pe.
  • Read 1 book a month DONE, I read Al Capone Does My Shirts...a great kid's novel. I love getting suggestions from the kids I'm subbing for! Children's novels are perfect for me because I get obsessed with books and can't put them down, so if they're too long it's not good news for everything else in my life:)
  • Read to the boys daily Maybe not every day, but most...although it's mostly to Noah, I need to get better about reading to Jacob, he's just so into putting everything in his mouth!
Strong Body:
  • Lose my last few pounds (15) by March 8th (my b-day) and maintain for the rest of my life! heehee I've lost 6 pounds so far, right on track!
  • Work out 5 days a week to keep healthy bones, muscles, organs to be able to live long and thrive! I feel like this is my weakest area, which is weird, because normally I LOVE working out and have great workouts, but this hasn't been the case on a regular basis. I need to improve.
  • Focus on eating healthy in order to preserve my health long term I have been rockin this one, there are always healthy meal options ready in the freezer for my family and I--even if they don't always get chosen over McDonalds by Andrew, atleast they are there for him.
Strong Spirit:
  • Fall in LOVE with Jesus! I want Him to be my best friend and for me to fully rely and trust in Him! I want to be here, but I can't say that I am yet...I need to really working on this relationship
  • Take on some sort of leadership role at church...maybe something in children's ministry? We went to visit the jr. high group and are looking at geting involved there.
  • Spend time daily praying for my children and family. No, I have not done this, and I think I'm going to edit this to be praying weekly to make it more realistic for me.
  • Allow God to change my heart to have a cheerful and giving heart towards my family Please change me God! I still need a new heart!
Strong Relationships:
  • Build relationships with new friends from church/family friends We've been spending lots of time with different friends and been enjoying it, but I'm still craving that deep, close relationship...not to scare anyone away:)
  • Spend time investing in other people's lives...giving on myself and teaching my children to give as well. We've made several meals for other families and trying to bless others, but I still have a long way to go here!
  • Spend time weekly investing in Andrew and our relationship We have gone on several date nights, but haven't gotten to spend some good time together because when he's home, I'm gone, and when I'm home, he's gone. I want some good quality time together just to be.
Here's just a few more random ones:
  • Have Noah fully potty-trained by January 31st. Yay! He's doing great! He tends to save his poops for nap/night time when he has a diaper on...but that will come, he's only 2 1/2! He hasn't had an accident for ever!
  • Teach the boys the importance of being active daily and nourishing their healthy bodies While we do encourage this, we still do allow little treats every now and then, but that's what it's all about! Noah's still been getting out and getting exercise, but not every day like I would like.
  • Pay cash for a new car This is looking very good! We're thinking within the next month we'll have accomplished this!
  • Save enough money to buy all our new furniture and decorate our new home with cash Well...we have bought a lot of new furniture, and put it on our american express. BUT...we are paying it 100% off this month (our first statement, does that count?) Dave would not be happy...but we are starting financial peace next with our church.
  • Put pictures in all my scrapbook pages. Well...ah, no. I did put pictures on four pages, but I've scrapped way more then that without pictures since then...hmmm... I need to get better about this!
  • Finish nursing to make it a whole year (April 1st) I think I'm on my way! It's been 10 months now!
  • Do something bigger then just our family...something to help others in the world Any ideas? I really do want to do something still, but don't have any ideas...
Well, that's my update, not a horrible start, but still a lot of room for improvement, especially in my spiritual side of things...you can pray for me!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow! You are ambitious, girl! I think you are doing far better than the vast majority of us in so many areas. Way to go! And you look great, by the way--the hard work is paying off!