Thursday, February 25, 2010

Slow Down...

I walked to work today. It's less then a mile from my house, the sun was shining, and I wanted to leave my car for Anne so she could take the boys to preschool without having to switch car seats. It got me thinking about our culture. We are pretty lazy people. I sub at only local schools, and this was the 2nd time in two years that I've walked. Granted, this is Oregon, and there's rain...but aren't there also umbrellas? I think the real reason is we schedule ourselves down to the minute, and don't leave time for such things as walking places...

Guilty. I have always been a busy, busy person. In high school, I played sports, had a job, and tried to maintain a social calendar...oh, and do school of course. Same in college, and since having kids it's only gotten worse! Rushing here, going there, running late...what? Me, late. Never. I am always late. I think it takes me 10 minutes to get somewhere...which it does. But then you have to add loading/unloading kids, walking in, etc. That is one thing I want to improve on. 

However, things have slowed down for me in the past few months. I am not in school anymore (PRAISE the LORD!), I'm only working one day a week, and I'm loving it. It feels so nice not to always have to rush here, or there, but to slow down and just be. Don't get me wrong, we still have our busy days, and sometimes I do try and squeeze too much in. But overall, I am enjoying this slower pace and learning how "other people" live. Normal people. But really, what is normal? That's a whole other post...

For now, enjoy this sunny day with the ones you love the most! 

1 comment:

Chantel said...

I completely I agree with this. I never leave time to enjoy life. I am late everywhere!