Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Hot Tub....

We've been using our hot tub more, which has been fun. A little bit of a hassle, but fun. The other day I took just Noah up there. There was a lady who walked by with a scowl on her face. I smiled and Noah said, "Hi!" But still just a glare. After she had passed, I told Noah how sometimes people are sad, and sometimes they are happy. When people are sad, we need to try and make them happy. I asked him how he could make someone happy. He said he wanted to give oranges to Jesus, and take them to heaven for God and Jesus. But he was sad because he couldn't go to heaven to make them happy. Then we talked about other ways we could make Jesus happy. I don't think I'm describing the story very well, but it was one of those moments where he tugged on my heart and I want to remember. I love that he is getting old enough to really let me in to his mind and see his understanding of things. I love that one on one time with my boys.

No comments: