Monday, September 28, 2009

Yum, yum...

I promised these recipies awhile ago, but here they are!

This first one is from my mother-in-law who is an amazing cook:

Penne in a Cream Sauce from Cindy Boria

1 T butter
1T olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
1 pound sweet italian sausage, casings removed (when I made it I trippled it and used 1 # hot, 1# mild, and 1# sweet italian chicken sausage...and it was a GREAT combo)
2/3 cup white wine
1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes with juices (I used one of these then a large can of crushed italian tomatoes)
1 cup whipping cream
6 T parsley
1 lb. penne (I used organic, whole wheat)
1 cup grated parmasean cheese

melt butter and olive oil and saute onion (7 min)
add sausage until golden brown
add wine and cook down
add tomatoes, cook 3 min
add cream, cook 5 min
stir in parsley, salt and pepper
add cheese
cook pasta and poor sauce over, adding parsley and cheese on top to garnish!

Those were just the notes I wrote down over the phone, but I'm sure you can figure it out! Since we aren't doing grains, we are looking forward to having this sauce over chicken and veggies, and I think I'll do a little less of the liquids to make it a little thicker since we're not having pasta. Enjoy!

The other recipe is amazing from Williams-Sonoma:

Thomas Keller's Slow-Cooker Cassoulet (it's the picture at the top:)

Click here to go to their website to retrieve...but it was amazing! We'll have to slightly modify this to do without grains, but I'm sure it will still be just as yummy...and perfect for fall!

3 comments:

Nadia said...

I have chicken stock going on the stove, so I think the yummy smell inspired me to post these up finally, I love fall cooking, smells, and finally getting to bring my uggs back out...oh fall. (sorry about your uggs, Hannah)

nate and anne said...

that pasta dish was AMAZING! i'm glad you posted the recipe! :) Noah's picture on his first day of preschool is so cute!! He will love school, he's such a social little guy, you and Andrew are such awesome parents.

nate and anne said...

p.s. I love your uggs comment, I wore mine today :)