Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sleepover

After a long, rough day for me yesterday, I wanted to do nothing more then sit on the couch and watch a movie. However, my husband convinced me to go and have a slumber-party with the boys...probably the last thing I wanted to do at 9:00, didn't I just finish with them? So we moved Noah down into the bottom bunk (a full) and got Jakey out of his crib, and we all snuggled in. It was one of those moments that was so precious because Jakey (yes, my Jakey) layed with us for almost an hour still, without screaming, trying to get up, and not hitting anyone. We were singing lots of songs, and once we ran out, Noah started making up his own. He was singing loud and proud, and was so funny with all his inflection he had. He sang about all his trains, some of his friends, Nana and Papa, and then started on Jesus. Here is how his Jesus song went:

"Jesus loves me, oh, I love Jesus
I fell getting in the bathtub
and hit my crunchies
Oh, it really hurt and I cried"

At that point Andrew and I busted up laughing (therapy for my long day) and couldn't stop. Noah didn't mind, he just kept right on singing.

1 comment:

Dad said...

So funny. Next time, can we come too. I want to hear some of those amazing tunes--quite the songwriter!