Sunday, May 24, 2009

Honoring...

Honoring those who gave their lives so we might have the freedom and comfort that we all experience and enjoy today. The boys and I went up to Willamette National Cemetery to honor the Veterans for Memorial Day tomorrow. What a sight it is to see all those flags, each hand placed in straight rows on every grave. The boys loved walking around looking at all the flags and flowers. I tried to explain to Noah what we were doing, but he kept thinking that it was Jesus who gave His life for us...so cute. I guess that's really the only concept he has of death so far, and that sacrificial death. Every time we saw another person out there, he would ask if it was Jesus who died on the cross for our sins.

Jacob loved having his own flag and kept hitting me with it while I was driving. I'm sure my mom is dying laughing right now reading this post because I used to HATE doing this every year as one of our family "TRADITIONS" (I know that some of you who know us well are singing that word as you read that from Fiddler on the Roof) haha. So yes, now that I have my own kids, things like this are becoming more important to me again. Like gardening Dad, who again, used to have to drag me out to help him in the garden, and now I have my own:) Oh well, I guess you come full circle!

No comments: