Friday, November 6, 2009

And that's ok...

So I know I can be a little impulsive with things...but something that I have wanted to do for a long time is foster care. I have really felt it laid on my heart the past few months and so we started classes last week. I left feeling so excited about all the kids we were going to get to help, and feeling so hopeful. Andrew left feeling like this was way too much work. Which it is. It's a big commitment. So, after another week of trying to stay positive and keep up with the class, I finally realize that we both need to be fully on the same page for a commitment like this. Timing wise, I thought Andrew would have a job by now, after 7 months after graduating (kind of, he's still 3 classes short that he hasn't started...) and so that would mean I could just stay home with our kids and that fostering could be my ministry. But, I know that right now, that's not what's best for our family, though I still feel a huge tug in that area, and just helping families who don't have any good influences in their lives. What's that going to look like, Lord?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Those seasons of waiting are so rough. I truly believe God puts things on our hearts for a reason and He will show you when the timing is right--hang in there!

Nadia said...

Thanks Amy! YOu are such an encourager:)