Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

This post is a little late, but without my camera, I've had to wait to get pictures from a friend, thanks! But the good news is that yesterday when I was cleaning out the pantry, I found my battery in the snack basket, mixed in with the fruit leathers and trail mix bars.:) I was ecstatic!!! I am so glad I didn't spend the $60 for a new one...I'm blaming Jakey for the loss, he likes to go and try and sneak a snack from the basket.

Anyways, for the 4th, I ran my 1/2 marathon in the morning, which went really well, I finished 6 seconds below my goal at 1:59:54...barely beat it! My average pace was 9:09, but there were definitely some miles slower, and a few faster:) We all did really well, and it was so fun to do with some fun girlfriends! It was easy to spot eachother with our shorts. haha.

So then we came home and went swimming all together in the pool, it was Andrew's first time in the pool, and I think he had fun, so hopefully he'll go again with us soon. We then gave the boys naps and headed over to the park, something that I LOVE and we have been doing it since I was a little girl. Some friends from the gym and church were having a bbq, so we headed over there then back to the park for the fireworks. It ended up being a fun day, but I was a little (ok, lot?) cranky by the end of the night, I think I was just exhausted! Hope you had a great 4th too! Thanks for all those who have played a part in giving us the freedoms we so freely enjoy!

No comments: