Sunday, January 10, 2010

Food, Glorious Food...


I stole that line from an Ice Age song, but I really do LOVE food...Andrew and I both enjoy cooking nice meals and have friends over to share with them, it's actually probably my favorite thing to do. While we were in NH, of course we ate amazing food! Andrew's mom is a great cook. Our first meal we ate when we got there tasted so good, I just had to try it. It was a traditional Spanish meal (Andrew's dad's side is Puerto Rician). Andrew's mom is so helpful with trying to teach me, and doesn't get frustrated when I call her a million times. Thanks Cindy! So I called her a few days ago, got the recipe, and set out for the Spanish market. They didn't have everything I needed, so I had to do a few extra things homemade.

Actually, I should say I, because Andrew ended up doing most of it for me! I had a volleyball tourney yesterday, so I called him and asked him to put the meat that had been marinating in the fridge for a few days with a homemade marinade in the oven. No problem. Then I figured I'd rush to finish the rest when I got home. Well, I came home to a clean house, totally done dinner (including the extra things we had to do from scratch that I was not looking forward to). I hopped in the shower and didn't do a thing all night. No dishes, nothing for the boys, no clean up, no playing host, I was served all night! I really enjoyed myself after a long day of volleyball, thanks Andrew!

After dinner, we all played Settlers of Catan, the best game around. And we had the. most.amazing.cheesecake.ever. Ben and Karen brought it, and oh my, it was so good, and so hard to limit myself to one piece... We can't wait for an encore tonight, though we are just doing ribs and settlers...and Nate and Anne's dessert! And Jared and Kellie have expansion packs for Settlers...so they're coming and bring them tonight...let the games begin! We love having such good, positive friends who are always there for us, thanks guys!

No comments: