Monday, May 2, 2011

A Dream Come True...




A while ago, I had a dream about making a quilt…and I've wanted to do it for a long time, so I did! I selected my fabrics and got started! I've never sewn before, much less sewn a quilt, so I used some blogs that I like to follow to get some ideas. I chose one that looked fairly simple and got to work! I had the wisdom of a family friend's grandma, several friends who sew and quilt, and my grandma showed me how to use a machine. It was actually surprisingly easy to do the two pieces, the top & bottom. From there, I had a very generous friend who offered to put them together for me, which is the hardest part! She also put the binding (is that right?) on the edge for me. I made some napkins as well since I wanted this quilt to be able to use for picnics & playing at the park this summer. I'm really proud to have this done, though I'm pretty sure this will be my only quilt I will do after seeing the final cost, I can go to Pottery Barn for less!

The back...
The front…

No comments: