Wednesday, February 9, 2011

So Proud...


I'm so proud of my boys. They've adjusted so well to being gluten free at our house. I say at our house because I don't say anything when they go over to friends or family's house, because they don't need to worry about that now…they can still be kids;) Today after work I got home and sat down to lunch with them. Noah had asked for some sausage and broccoli. We're having sausage for dinner so I made them some meatballs with a sausage cream sauce that's left over in our fridge. They had that, strawberries, blueberries, cucumbers, and blue organic corn chips and lots of guacamole. And ate every bite. They were both so proud that they ate all their protein and showed me their muscles. Noah asked if he looked like he was getting bigger, and Jakey just kept showing me his empty mouth because he had eaten every single bite. I'm so proud that they have good eating habits growing in them now (not that they both wouldn't eat junk if we had it at our house…especially Jakey because he is a born snacker). But they are filling up on lots of yummy, fattening foods that will keep them full and growing! I'm so proud of the boys they are growing up to be. Not that they are perfect-- far from it actually! But they have sweet hearts that are learning how to treat others, and that are soaking up so much from who Andrew and I are. The good and the bad;) I love being their mom!

No comments: